SR·Transport JDBC Drivers
SRTransport's JDBC module requires 3rd party Type 3 or 4 JDBC drivers. They may be obtained from database vendors (they are often part of a database installation) or other 3rd party sources. Because each driver is implemented a slightly different way, Schema Research cannot guarantee that any given driver will work with SRTransport. We have tested a number of drivers and found that most work, although sometimes adjustments are required to the SRTransport JDBC module.
JDBC drivers are cross platform by their nature, i.e. java. They have been tested using Java 1.2 and in some cases Java 1.3. It is possible that different versions of the Java Run Time might cause problems even with tested drivers. Contact Schema Research if you encounter any problems.
The drivers listed below have been found to work. If you are using a different driver and or a different database we will be glad to test it, and make modifications as necessary, provided we can obtain access to an appropriate database server.
Schema Research has found several drivers that do not work with SRTransport at this time, including the InterClient driver for Borland's InterBase and the twz1jdbcForMysql-1.0.4-GA driver for MySQL.
For more information on using the drivers see Configuring SRTransport to Use JDBC.
Drivers Tested by Schema Research:
- Oracle driver for Java 1.2 Oracle8i 8.1.7 JDBC Drivers for use with JDK 1.2.x(Thin)
- File Name: classes12.zip - Included with SRTransport
- Use Sybase's jConnect.
- File Name: jconn2.jar - Included with SRTransport
- (with Merant/DataDirect JDBC driver, other drivers will probably work)
- File Name: sqlserver.jar (also needs base.jar and util.jar - See note below)
- Driver comes with OpenBase
- File Name: OpenBaseJDBC.jar - Included with SRTransport
- Driver comes with FrontBase (make sure you have the latest driver, older ones won't work)
- File Name: frontbasejdbc.jar
- MySql 1.0 Release Version JDBC Driver
- File Name: mysql_comp.jar
- PostgreSQL 7.0.x Standard Edition driver Java2SE(1.2)
- File Name: postgresql.jar
- Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge driver
- File Name: EJOB.jar
If you have a database that is not mentioned, Sun Microsystems maintains a database of JDBC drivers for many different DBs.
Note: If you want to use the SRTransport JDBC module on Solaris, HPUX or Linux, please read this configuration tech note.
Note for Merant Driver: The Merant driver is actually in 3 parts - sqlserver.jar, base.jar and util.jar. All 3 must be added in the 'JDBC Preferences' window, but only the driver name for the sqlserver.jar, com.merant.datadirect.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver, needs to be entered. The other two 'driver names' should be left blank. (On OSX/OSX Server you can put base.jar and util.jar in /Library/Java/Home/lib/ext and then you don't have to add them to SRTransport.)